Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 2, 2014
“Left Behind” is Rapture-fiction as a dull zombie movie where the living dead are non-believers. The Christian faithful have disappeared, all over the world. That moment, 32 minutes into director Vic Armstrong’s film, is this remake’s lone grabber. A college … Continue reading
“Pride,” the feel-good movie of the fall, is an utterly charming British reminder that there’s nothing scarier to politicians than when seemingly incompatible electorates discover their common interests. Those who want us divided don’t want us to remember that “united … Continue reading
The Weinstein Co. has been going longer and longer stretches between breakout hits. Even a niche studio needs the occasional “King’s Speech” to boost that bottom line, and they aren’t getting them. So their deal with Netflix to distribute what … Continue reading