Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Wish Upon a Unicorn" if you believe, kids!
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 22, 2014
Much respect for Kristen Stewart, the “Twilight” star who could have contented herself with “Snow White” films or globe trotting, nibbling on bonbons and dating the rich and the beautiful for the rest of her life. Instead, she’s doing daring … Continue reading
A single uniformed cop shows up in the hitman-out-for-revenge thriller “John Wick.” He sees blood on the title character’s face and hands. “Evening John,” he says, all friendly even though there have been “some noise complaints.” Then he leans over … Continue reading
Call them slackers or adults with or “arrested development” issues. Or call them “Laggies.” As the new comedy “Laggies” suggests, some of us are just a little late growing up. Even after we’ve taken those tentative steps into adulthood, we’re … Continue reading
“Cheerful” and “triumphant” aren’t words that come to mind when you think of Alzheimer’s, the debilitating illness that destroys memory, mind and body. But darned if country star Glen Campbell doesn’t manage that in “Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me.” It’s … Continue reading