Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? "Deviant Love" defies its titillating title
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: You just never know how much "The Night Clerk" sees
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: Run and hide "Sunday Girl"
- Movie Review: Call these "VFW" geezers "old" at your own risk, Millennials
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 13, 2013
In “Seven Days in Utopia,” a mild-mannered young golfer has a mild meltdown in the middle of a tournament. That’s followed by seven days of perspective-patching among mild-mannered God-fearing folk in rural Texas. Faith and “fore” walk hand in hand … Continue reading
Marlon Wayans (my interview with him in here) is back in the Scary Movie business, even if he doesn’t get to call it a “Scary Movie.” “A Haunted House” (review here) opened #2 at the box office this weekend, a … Continue reading
Julian Schnabel tries and fails to boil down fifty years of Middle Eastern history as seen and experienced by a handful of inter-related Palestinians in “Miral,” an ambitious but seriously muddled melodrama.The Oscar-nominated director of “The Diving Bell and the … Continue reading
When was the last time a zombie movie touched you, made an emotional connection? It’s been a while, right? Maybe a moment or a character in “28 Days Later.” But before that? And after it? That’s what jumps at you … Continue reading
Steven Spielberg and Frank Marshall will produce the next “Jurassic” film, which will be directed by an as-yet unnamed director. Whom will Spielberg anoint to take over the lucrative series? It’s obvious that special effects have advanced eons since the … Continue reading
Two of comedy’s most successful entrepreneurs, Tyler Perry and Larry the Cable Guy, will unite in “Madea’s Christmas,” a comedy Perry is set to make on the heels of failing to break free from his meal ticket with the “Alex … Continue reading