Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 23, 2022
“The Bad Guys” is a children’s version of a caper comedy, an “Ocean’s Eleven” featuring CUTE critters as criminals. It’s got cartoonish car chases and “Impossible” heist missions. And thanks to droll, cool crook voice work by Oscar winner Sam … Continue reading
The premise is so crazy that it’s a wonder nobody’s attempted a “Weekend at Bernie’s” take on “Operation Mincemeat,” one of the cleverest bits of spycraft pulled off by the Brits during World War II. Morbid as the story might … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: It pays to be “The Bad Guys,” “Northman” loots $12, “Nic frrrriiiiiiigin Cage” doesn’t embarrass himself
It’s not a vintage DreamWorks opening, but “The Bad Guys” own the Omicron 3 weekend with a $25 million+. I think Sat. and Sunday could push it closer to $27. It’s cute. It plays. And parents are grateful that they … Continue reading