Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2022
They label the neighborhoods of Paris “arrondissements,” which translates as bureaucratic “districts” but in French sounds ever-so-sexy. Whatever one thinks of Notting Hill, Hyde Park, Buckhead, Park Slope or Silverlake, the allure of romance in this or that arrondissement checkmates … Continue reading
John Madden (“Shakespeare in Love,” “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”) directs Colin Firth, Matthew Macfadyen, Kelly MacDonald, Penelope Wilton, Johnny Flynn and Jason Isaacs in this story of a spy game played with a corpse meant to fool Gerry into thinking … Continue reading
Top tip here. One should never dip into a “Wyrmwood” zombie film around meal time — yours, or theirs. “Wyrmwood: Apocalypse,” the sequel to 2014’s “Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead,” is a “Zombieland” meets “Soylent Green” blood-on-the-lens splatterfest. It’s probably … Continue reading
Cristi’s out of town visitor Hadi is a German-Turkish flight attendant so handsome that he can’t wait to get him to his apartment. The elevator will do. But when his sister drops by, she chides her brother for not taking … Continue reading
“Ambulance” is 80 minutes of pure mayhem wallowing through 140-150 minutes of pure Michael Bay hokum. The action sequences are assaultive, brutally-efficient exercises in gunplay, stunts and frenetic acting passing by in a blur as breathless as the editing team … Continue reading