Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 16, 2022
Not every animated biography of a painter will have the ambition and artistry of “Loving Vincent,” but if you’re going to the trouble of telling the story with painting — even digital painting — it seems as if you should … Continue reading
The slow fade to black of the Warners/J.K. Rowling/David Yates Wizarding World prequels continues with a post pandemic “Secrets of Dumbledore” earning $20 million Thursday night and all day Friday. That points to a $43 opening weekend, if word of … Continue reading
If DreamWorks had any sense of humor they would’ve opened this animated caper comedy on…Good Friday. But no, we’ll have to wait until NEXT Friday to see how well suited Sam Rockwell, Awkwafina, Richard Ayode, Zazie Beetz, Anthony Ramos and … Continue reading
Animation has long been used to teach the concepts of religion to new followers, so it’s not absurd, in principal, that Ryuho Okawa would minister to the masses via anime in “The Laws of the Universe: The Age of Elohim.” … Continue reading