Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 21, 2022
An unconventional sex comedy about a newly widowed woman who hires a sex worker, and their love or lust connection. June 17, Emma T. reminds Kenneth B. what he misses.
Don’t let the bad pun in the title scare you off the wine country mystery “Brut Force.” Writer-director Eve Symington’s debut feature is a solid, engrossing film noir set in California’s pinot noir terroir. It’s the sort of smart, simply-shot, … Continue reading
There’s an optimism in every DisneyNature release, each timed to fall on Earth Day. No matter how embattled, threatened or tested nature is by a human race unwilling to switch off their SUV engine while we sit watching cat videos … Continue reading
They were the first all-female rock band to put out an album on a major label, a fixture on concert tours, opening for Deep Purple, Jethro Tull and others, and a “novelty act” mainstay of TV musical variety shows of … Continue reading
A period piece for Christina R, this one opens in early May.
A mobster on the lam turns life coach for an introverted Italian comic book nerd in “The Turning Point (La svolta),” an Italian mob dramedy with a hard, bloody edge. Riccardo Antonaroli’s film, based on a Roberto Cimpanelli/Gabriele Scarfone script, … Continue reading