Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 26, 2022
Who’d ever guess that buried beneath the Bollywood musical romance “Hey! Sinamika” there was an Argentine rom-com one third shorter, screaming “Aye, no puedo respirar!” This “Around the World with Netflix” marathon is an Indian romance about a woman who … Continue reading
This is pretty cool. Scorsese’s 32 year old film preservation nonprofit is going to be sharing restored films via it’s website, starting May 9. The first film will be an early work by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressberger, “I Know … Continue reading
Looks like “It.” Child abduction. With black balloons. Not red ones. And a more overtly Satanic clown. So of course it’s by the Son of Stephen King. The phone calls from other victims hook has a whiff of a Korean … Continue reading
On a good vacation, time seems to stand still. You lose track of the days, the deadlines, the impending day of departure. “Good Life” is movie about such a getaway that mimics that stasis. And as anybody knows, “time seems … Continue reading
It’s “Girls Gone Wild” meets Pete Davidson. Let’s play a game, somebody died and ohmygodohmygodohmygid who did it, you guys? Aug 4, from A24
“The One Big Union,” they called it, an organization that would represent every worker laboring for “The Man.” Unlike the “skilled labor” guilds of the earlier American Federation of Labor, it would take in everyone, including the the extreme exertion … Continue reading