Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 25, 2022
A generation ago, “Amelie,” the cheerful fantasy about a Paris coquette’s charmed life, became quite the five-time Oscar nominated punching bag, hated for its adorable and adorably-optimistic heroine. Coquettes got a bad name in the cinema after that. Gamines took … Continue reading
Four Polish filmmakers teamed up for the vengeful and funny “State of Polska” anthology film, “The Land,” a dark episodic comedy about people lashing out, using or abusing the law and punishing each other personally for their unhappiness. This Around … Continue reading
The new art film oddity from Peter Strickland (“The Duke of Burgundy”) enfolds art, performance art, haute cuisine and horror and comes out June 24.
A grabber premise gets solid if not terribly affecting workout in “The Aviary,” a psychological thriller about two women escaping from a cult across the deserts of New Mexico. On foot, they’re putting distance between themselves and “The Aviary,” a … Continue reading
The Limey prat piles on Disney. Way to buck up Dictator DeSantis, pal.