Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 4, 2022
“These are grownup issues,” the big, bad Big Energy dude tells the 12 year-old Dutch girl. He mutters something about her “arrogance” and childish, limited world of the world. But this lying Dutchman doesn’t know Nova (Kika van de Vijver) … Continue reading
He’s the teaser advert video revealing the theme, the vibe and the ’70s music (of course) that makes it “Guardians” branded. C’mon. You’ve gotta visit Disney World before Governor Il Douche shuts it down.
Documentary Review: “On the Trail of UFOs” hunters look into cattle mutilations from “Night Visitors”
Fresh out of college, I used to conduct and produce interviews for public radio stations. And one thing one quickly picks up on from such a job is an instinctual skepticism when chatting up say, the head of MUFON, the … Continue reading
An American Japanophile’s deep dive into the Tokyo underworld becomes an entertaining and intriguing mob mystery in “Tokyo Vice,” a new series on HBO Max starring Ansel Elgort, Ken Watanabe and Rinko Kikuchi. It’s immersive and engrossing, if more conventional … Continue reading