Top Posts & Pages
- So, what's going on with Peter Pan's presence in "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers?"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? In "F*ck Love Too" the Dutch master the art of making crappy sequels
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Netflixable? Turkish veterans take a troubling road trip -- "Godspeed (Yoluc Acik Olsun)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 27, 2022
Documentary Review: Considering a primal trend in horror — “Woodlands Dark and Days Bewitched: A History of Folk Horror”
“Woodlands Dark and Days Bewitched” is a documentary about the history of “folk horror,” a film of almost breathtaking thoroughness in exploring what that term means, the shared pagan stories that span the globe and inspired it, and the movies … Continue reading
Stumbling across any Akira Kurosawa film you’ve missed is an unexpected delight, and the film noir “Stray Dog” has the added pleasure of being an early showcase of the director, his muse — Toshiro Mifune — and his other rep … Continue reading
These movies ran their course, and then some, and then some more, in theaters. But Tyler Perry’s funniest creation still gets another shot, this time on a streaming service. Cash that Netflix check, T.P. “A Madea Homecoming” streams Feb. 25.
A helpful ghost can take a man back to the moment his mother died, fifty years before. Feb. 18, from Yellow Veil.