Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 2, 2022
Don’t know how I missed catching “The Colditz Story” on this or that cable channel over the years. I saw many of its 1950s Brit-film WWII classics — “The Dam Busters,””Dunkirk,” “Bridge on the River Kwai” — but never the … Continue reading
The gold mine that George Lucas first tunneled keeps paying benefits to the House of Mouse that bought it, which has found leftover value in the whole bounty hunter supporting character thing with “The Mandalorian” and “The Book of Boba … Continue reading
“Spider-Man: No Way Home” added another $52.7 million this New Year’s weekend, clearing the $600 million mark domestically, more than doubling that worldwide. It has changed the box office in a pandemic year in a huge, lifesaving way, even if … Continue reading