Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: When Jazz and Love Don't Mix -- "Learn to Swim"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 25, 2022
“The Midnight Swim” is a modestly-spooky example of that mumblecore unicorn — “mumblecore horror.” It’s a talk-talk-talk indie drama about the lack of closure when a mother drowns and no body was found, about mythology and reincarnation, all set at … Continue reading
Got to hand it to Well-Go USA. They’re going HARD against the grain, grabbing and releasing this Russian WWII agitprop. Sure, Putin’s doing the over-compensating short guy “Give us the SUDETENLAND, um, UKRAINE” dance and bringing NATO back together in … Continue reading
In the shuffling, postponing, “Who can keep track of it?” pandemic Third Wave release slate of American cinema, we hear this MGM laugher is slated for Feb. 18 and we’re taking their word for it. And damn, it does look … Continue reading
Getting the French to admit “Journey to Greenland” was inspired by the Steve Coogan/Rob Brydon “The Trip” mockumentaries might be as difficult as filming this series turned into a movie. Because, you know, they filmed it in GREENLAND. Pair up … Continue reading