Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: Jessie Buckley has "Men" Trouble
- Movie Review: "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers" need rescuing
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 29, 2022
A chef and his new lady-love pursue his dream of his own restaurant and their very own “Michelin star” in “A Taste of Hunger,” a Pinteresque Danish melodrama as frosty as flash-frozen ginger. It’s built around “Game of Thrones” hunk … Continue reading
The only thing I remember about “The Hit” is how much Siskel & Ebert raved about it back in the day, that “day” being 1985. An Island Pictures release that didn’t make it to “the provinces,” especially the province I … Continue reading
This looks properly cheesy, if not as funny or fun as one might hope. Sometimes they don’t give away the store in the trailer, tho. So there’s hope. “Uncharted” the treasure hunt thriller opens Feb. 18.
“The Translator” has made a nice life for himself in Australia, using his multi-lingual skills for government entities and journalists, married and, since he’s from Syria, relieved to have escaped a past of justifiable paranoia and danger. But when the … Continue reading