Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 3, 2022
If there’s a better recent piece of cinematic plot problem-solving than the compact thriller “See for Me,” I must’ve missed it. This tight, tense and oh-so-logical home invasion tale brings “Wait Until Dark” into the cell phone era, with suspense … Continue reading
The South African CGI animation house Triggerfish (“Zambezia”) makes its Netflix debut with “Seal Team,” an animated action comedy about seals taught to fight back against “ravenous seal-eating sharks” by a grizzled HMMF (Hydro-Marine-Military-Force) trained walrus We see seals not … Continue reading
Robert Reich States the obvious — Watching and Understanding “It’s a Wonderful Life” Could Save American Democracy
You’d think we’d have all picked up on this by now. But maybe the annual showings, the “tradition” of watching Frank Capra’s masterful Jimmy Stewart/Donna Reed tear-jerker, has drained it of its meaning. We watch a sentimental black and white … Continue reading