Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 6, 2022
One of those performances you just lose yourself in carries off “June Again,” a sweet and sentimental portrait of dementia, and the “paradoxical lucidity” that gives some sufferers a short respite from the memories, manners, skills and knowledge that disease … Continue reading
Peter Bogdanovich, “Paper Moon,” “Mask,” “Last Picture Show” and “The Cat’s Meow” director dies — 1939-2022
Critic and essayist turned documentary and then feature filmmaker, a director of “The Last Picture Show” and “Paper Moon,” specializing in nostalgia and homages to the past, a star director who wrecked his career in all sorts of personal, stupid … Continue reading
On paper, “The 355” looked a lot better than it turned out. A glossy, fast-moving and violent B-movie, an espionage thriller built around five acclaimed actresses — two of them Oscar winners, another a two-time nominee — this could have … Continue reading
Jan 30, we find found out if this is as damning a reckoning as it seems. On Showtime. Four episodes.
A Feb. 11 thriller of the Liam as a lethal Fed/grandpa who crosses the wrong Deep Staters. Aidan Quinn is the biggest name among his co stars. Never heard of this distributor so good luck finding it when it comes … Continue reading
A hacker’s wife is taken, his government assassin dad may know something about it. Emile Hirsch and John Cusack star in this Feb. 18 C-movie, with Cusack eschewing his trademark black baseball cap. For once.