Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 2, 2021
“Naked Singularity,” Chase Palmer’s film of lawyer/novelist Sergio De La Pava’s book, makes a single self-conscious reference to “The French Connection.” A New Yorker in the film notes the criminal enterprise that involves smuggling drugs inside a Lincoln and describes … Continue reading
The “elements” of “Resort to Love” add up to a better movie than this Hallmark-lite romance, a pleasantly-bland star vehicle for Christina Milian. It’s a “get over that man” romance with Milian starring as a singer who lost her fiance … Continue reading
“Notorious Nick” is a workmanlike, formulaic “overcome all obstacles” MMA fight picture in the classic mold. But it’s based on the true story of MMA fighter Nick Newell. And the “obstacles” basically boil down to one thing. Nick Newell fought … Continue reading
Regal Cinemas isn’t relying on Paramount (“Snake Eyes” sank without a trace on its second weekend), Disney (half the money for “Jungle Cruise” went to Disney+) or anybody else to fill seats. They’ve booked this supernatural thriller as August filler.