Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Movie Review: Giant Crawly bug menaces "The Arbors"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 2, 2021
“Naked Singularity,” Chase Palmer’s film of lawyer/novelist Sergio De La Pava’s book, makes a single self-conscious reference to “The French Connection.” A New Yorker in the film notes the criminal enterprise that involves smuggling drugs inside a Lincoln and describes … Continue reading
The “elements” of “Resort to Love” add up to a better movie than this Hallmark-lite romance, a pleasantly-bland star vehicle for Christina Milian. It’s a “get over that man” romance with Milian starring as a singer who lost her fiance … Continue reading
“Notorious Nick” is a workmanlike, formulaic “overcome all obstacles” MMA fight picture in the classic mold. But it’s based on the true story of MMA fighter Nick Newell. And the “obstacles” basically boil down to one thing. Nick Newell fought … Continue reading
Regal Cinemas isn’t relying on Paramount (“Snake Eyes” sank without a trace on its second weekend), Disney (half the money for “Jungle Cruise” went to Disney+) or anybody else to fill seats. They’ve booked this supernatural thriller as August filler.