Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Justin Lee strikes again, "Apache Junction"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 2, 2021
“Naked Singularity,” Chase Palmer’s film of lawyer/novelist Sergio De La Pava’s book, makes a single self-conscious reference to “The French Connection.” A New Yorker in the film notes the criminal enterprise that involves smuggling drugs inside a Lincoln and describes … Continue reading
The “elements” of “Resort to Love” add up to a better movie than this Hallmark-lite romance, a pleasantly-bland star vehicle for Christina Milian. It’s a “get over that man” romance with Milian starring as a singer who lost her fiance … Continue reading
“Notorious Nick” is a workmanlike, formulaic “overcome all obstacles” MMA fight picture in the classic mold. But it’s based on the true story of MMA fighter Nick Newell. And the “obstacles” basically boil down to one thing. Nick Newell fought … Continue reading
Regal Cinemas isn’t relying on Paramount (“Snake Eyes” sank without a trace on its second weekend), Disney (half the money for “Jungle Cruise” went to Disney+) or anybody else to fill seats. They’ve booked this supernatural thriller as August filler.