Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Justin Lee strikes again, "Apache Junction"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 3, 2021
As if “Groundhog Day” wasn’t creepy enough. “6:45” is a “live the same day over” tale in mystery thriller form. But the perils we see on screen pale with those facing any filmmaker who tells a story that circles around … Continue reading
Well, we’re into August. So I guess I can say, with all confidence, that “CODA” is the feel good movie of the summer. It’s a plucky and poignant coming-of-age romance about a teen who loves to sing. But as a … Continue reading
“Hostage House” is a half-speed thriller about a real estate agent trapped in the “open house” from hell. Stop grinning and clapping with glee. Yes, I know that “she probably had it coming” is a lot of people’s first reaction … Continue reading