Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2021
Shuya Chang stars in this violent, drugs-and-human-trafficking underworld thriller. It’s an Oct 29 release from Samuel Goldwyn and Roadside Attractions.
“Ellie & Abbie (& Ellie’s Dead Aunt)” is so gossamer-light and cute that you don’t realize how good it is until it punches you, right in the heart. Monica Zanetti’s Aussie LGBTQ coming-of-age romance never lets us see her, or … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Melanie Lynskey must cope with Judy Greer as the Ghost “Lady of the Manor” in this farce
That’s some first-rate comedy casting right there. Throw in Justin Long, as the academic “nerd.” And because Justin Long and I guess his brother co-wrote and co-directed this. September 17, the catfight begins.
The triumph of Nia DaCosta’s “Candyman” is the sense of occasion the director and her co-writer/producer Jordan Peele bring to this reboot. This is horror with grandeur, a movie that pays homage to history and feels so of-the-moment as to … Continue reading