Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2021
Interviewing Amy Heckerling (“Fast times at Ridgemont High,” “Clueless”) we got off topic and recalled “sitting next to the TV, waiting for this damned thing to come on.” She was in Cali, I was in Alaska, waiting on August 1, … Continue reading
The best damned action film of the summer has nothing to do with comic books and does not feature some perfectly-put-together gym rat in tights sticking “the super-hero landing.” It’s Korean, and before you ask, there’s nary a Busan zombie … Continue reading