Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2021
It’s never wholly fair to dismiss a movie just because it’s unpleasant to sit through. But that’s a good place to start with “We Need to Do Something.” This horror star vehicle for Sierra McCormick (“Pretty Little Stalker,” “American Horror … Continue reading
The dog days of August, traditionally the cinema’s dumping ground for dogs, is the first stretch of the movie calendar to return to “normal.” “The Night House” got good reviews and didn’t do diddly with the horror fangirls and fanboys. … Continue reading
A tale of boy-meets-girl, girl-wrecks-boys-life told with sublime melancholy by Japanese auteur Kôji Fukada, “The Real Thing” plays like the darkest “romantic comedy” you ever saw. A “love story” with melodramatic complications and coincidences, and confrontations that border on bizarre, … Continue reading