Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2021
I can’t say everything I know about modern Japan I got from anime. Because, you know, “Iron Chef,” “Godzilla,” J-horror, “Hello Kitty,” etc. Japanese history, Japanese folklore, Japanese fads like steam punk, styles of dress, teaching methods and styles, cuisine, … Continue reading
You see a straight razor in a movie, your first thought is “Sweeney Todd.” Even when the movie’s about online voyeurism, you know that straight razor is coming out, and if somebody’s REALLY unlucky, the “stew” is going to have … Continue reading
A few obstacles remain before James “Guardians of the Galaxy” Gunn is officially canonized for pulling “The Suicide Squad,” the DC universe and Warner Brothers out of the comic book movie doldrums. Firstly, there’s the undebatable fact that Warners/DC has … Continue reading