Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 13, 2017
The luminous Shailene Woodley was always going to find work after the abortive “Divergent” divergence. A blatant cut-and-paste “Hunger Games” knockoff, it didn’t even come to term. She’s on HBO’s “Big Little Lies” opposite Oscar winners Reese and Nicole and … Continue reading
It doesn’t help “The Sense of an Ending” when we see that ending from a mile off. It is a mystery, after all, meant to maintain a certain level of suspense, promising a surprise. But it’s not a fatal flaw … Continue reading
Shirley MacLaine has made a wonderful curmudgeon in her dotage. That covers pretty much every movie since “Terms of Endearment.” “Bernie” was something of a high-water mark in this third act of her storied career, playing a woman so unpleasant … Continue reading