Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2017
It’s packaged as a love triangle romance in time of war. Its director was behind the break-out Julia Roberts thriller “Sleeping with the Enemy,” and the screenwriter adapted “Bridge to Terabithia.” But “The Ottoman Lieutenant,” a drama set in the … Continue reading
A few words, then, about the Chinese martial arts fantasy “Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back.” And since I don’t know the Chinese translation for “batsh– crazy,” I’ll keep this brief. This demented, luridly-colored, effects-driven sequel — What, … Continue reading