Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2017
It’s packaged as a love triangle romance in time of war. Its director was behind the break-out Julia Roberts thriller “Sleeping with the Enemy,” and the screenwriter adapted “Bridge to Terabithia.” But “The Ottoman Lieutenant,” a drama set in the … Continue reading
A few words, then, about the Chinese martial arts fantasy “Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back.” And since I don’t know the Chinese translation for “batsh– crazy,” I’ll keep this brief. This demented, luridly-colored, effects-driven sequel — What, … Continue reading