Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review -- "John Wick: Chapter 4"
- Movie Review: The tangled emotional web of "Inez & Doug & Kira"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 1, 2017
Kimmel was a wash, so who gets the next shot at hosting the Oscars?
The debacle at the end of the 89th Academy Awards telecast tended to overshadow the obvious — that the show didn’t draw, that the Academy’s (and ABC TV’s) on-and-off experiment with putting TV chat show hosts in charge of the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Kimmel was a wash, so who gets the next shot at hosting the Oscars?
Movie Review: “Table 19” makes the best of humiliating wedding seating
Tiny profundities, clever twists and a few giggles are the hallmarks of “Table 19,” a wedding comedy with on-the-nose casting and slight, uneven charms. It started life as an off-center idea from the Duplass Brothers, of “Cyrus,” “Jeff, Who Lives … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Table 19” makes the best of humiliating wedding seating