Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 1, 2017
The debacle at the end of the 89th Academy Awards telecast tended to overshadow the obvious — that the show didn’t draw, that the Academy’s (and ABC TV’s) on-and-0ff experiment with putting TV chat show hosts in charge of the … Continue reading
Tiny profundities, clever twists and a few giggles are the hallmarks of “Table 19,” a wedding comedy with on-the-nose casting and slight, uneven charms. It started life as an off-center idea from the Duplass Brothers, of “Cyrus,” “Jeff, Who Lives … Continue reading