Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 30, 2017
A vivid recreation of the early history of professional golf is the principle pleasure of “Tommy’s Honour,” a stately, slow and distressingly dull biography of 19th century Scottish golf hero Tom Morris. The film was directed by actor-turned-director Jason Connery, … Continue reading
The great Werner Herzog rarely takes on the effort of getting a fictional feature film made these days. The director of “Aguirre, the Wrath of God,” “Fitzcarraldo” and “Rescue Dawn” has found his meditative documentaries to be a better use … Continue reading
A remote snowy, Northeastern Catholic boarding school, schoolgirls forgotten by their parents over spring break and a sinister presence are the promising ingredients of “The Blackcoat’s Daughter,” a horror thriller concocted by one of the sons of Anthony “Psycho” Perkins … Continue reading