Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2017
Karen Allen still has that freckly twinkle, and movies aimed at women over 60 are so rare that it’s a shame when effort and energy are wasted on one as predigested as “Year by the Sea.” It’s a writer’s memoir … Continue reading
Every time you think Hollywood’s got a handle on”faith-based” films, they go out and make another movie reminding you of the extremes these movies too often fall into. For every “Miracles from Heaven,” “Risen” or “Soul Surfer,” there are scads … Continue reading
The clever scribes handed the job of this generation’s botching of “King Kong” had a cute idea. “Let’s make an ‘Apocalypse Now’ riff. You know. ‘Heart of Darkness,’ guys named Marlow and Conrad, helicopters in the jungle — Creedence Clearwater … Continue reading