Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2017
Karen Allen still has that freckly twinkle, and movies aimed at women over 60 are so rare that it’s a shame when effort and energy are wasted on one as predigested as “Year by the Sea.” It’s a writer’s memoir … Continue reading
Every time you think Hollywood’s got a handle on”faith-based” films, they go out and make another movie reminding you of the extremes these movies too often fall into. For every “Miracles from Heaven,” “Risen” or “Soul Surfer,” there are scads … Continue reading
The clever scribes handed the job of this generation’s botching of “King Kong” had a cute idea. “Let’s make an ‘Apocalypse Now’ riff. You know. ‘Heart of Darkness,’ guys named Marlow and Conrad, helicopters in the jungle — Creedence Clearwater … Continue reading