Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2017
Karen Allen still has that freckly twinkle, and movies aimed at women over 60 are so rare that it’s a shame when effort and energy are wasted on one as predigested as “Year by the Sea.” It’s a writer’s memoir … Continue reading
Every time you think Hollywood’s got a handle on”faith-based” films, they go out and make another movie reminding you of the extremes these movies too often fall into. For every “Miracles from Heaven,” “Risen” or “Soul Surfer,” there are scads … Continue reading
The clever scribes handed the job of this generation’s botching of “King Kong” had a cute idea. “Let’s make an ‘Apocalypse Now’ riff. You know. ‘Heart of Darkness,’ guys named Marlow and Conrad, helicopters in the jungle — Creedence Clearwater … Continue reading