Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 7, 2017
Movie Review: “Year by the Sea” only seems that long
Karen Allen still has that freckly twinkle, and movies aimed at women over 60 are so rare that it’s a shame when effort and energy are wasted on one as predigested as “Year by the Sea.” It’s a writer’s memoir … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Year by the Sea” only seems that long
Movie Review: “The Shack”needed serious renovation
Every time you think Hollywood’s got a handle on”faith-based” films, they go out and make another movie reminding you of the extremes these movies too often fall into. For every “Miracles from Heaven,” “Risen” or “Soul Surfer,” there are scads … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Shack”needed serious renovation
Movie Review: “Apocalypse Kong” is a bizarre miscalculation
The clever scribes handed the job of this generation’s botching of “King Kong” had a cute idea. “Let’s make an ‘Apocalypse Now’ riff. You know. ‘Heart of Darkness,’ guys named Marlow and Conrad, helicopters in the jungle — Creedence Clearwater … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Apocalypse Kong” is a bizarre miscalculation