Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "21 Bridges" is a bridge or two or three or four too far
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2017
Karen Allen still has that freckly twinkle, and movies aimed at women over 60 are so rare that it’s a shame when effort and energy are wasted on one as predigested as “Year by the Sea.” It’s a writer’s memoir … Continue reading
Every time you think Hollywood’s got a handle on”faith-based” films, they go out and make another movie reminding you of the extremes these movies too often fall into. For every “Miracles from Heaven,” “Risen” or “Soul Surfer,” there are scads … Continue reading
The clever scribes handed the job of this generation’s botching of “King Kong” had a cute idea. “Let’s make an ‘Apocalypse Now’ riff. You know. ‘Heart of Darkness,’ guys named Marlow and Conrad, helicopters in the jungle — Creedence Clearwater … Continue reading