Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2017
Karen Allen still has that freckly twinkle, and movies aimed at women over 60 are so rare that it’s a shame when effort and energy are wasted on one as predigested as “Year by the Sea.” It’s a writer’s memoir … Continue reading
Every time you think Hollywood’s got a handle on”faith-based” films, they go out and make another movie reminding you of the extremes these movies too often fall into. For every “Miracles from Heaven,” “Risen” or “Soul Surfer,” there are scads … Continue reading
The clever scribes handed the job of this generation’s botching of “King Kong” had a cute idea. “Let’s make an ‘Apocalypse Now’ riff. You know. ‘Heart of Darkness,’ guys named Marlow and Conrad, helicopters in the jungle — Creedence Clearwater … Continue reading