Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 31, 2017
So iconoclastic filmmaker Terrence Malick shows up at Austin’s South by Southwest music festival with a camera crew, a cluster of adoring movie stars and no real story. And the result is “Song to Song,” a rambling, insomnia-curing meditation on … Continue reading
There is no shortage of Holocaust stories that Hollywood wants to tell, and since they concern history’s ultimate “Never forget” horror, that is all well and good. The risk, of course, is that the subject becomes trivialized, rendered trite and … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Ghost in the Shell” has the look and spirit, if not the originality of “Blade Runner”
“Ghost in the Shell” is a sensory overload, eye-popping eye candy movie a visual feast of the “Blade Runner” “Fifth Element” variety. Based on the popular and enduring comic book/anime/Japanese media franchise, it’s dark and dazzling to look at. And … Continue reading