Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 28, 2017
A nearly-forgotten pan-cultural romance and its role in an African national success story earns a stately, feel-good treatment in “A United Kingdom,” an historical romance from the director of “Belle.” It’s well cast, and shot on striking locations. But it’s … Continue reading