Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 1, 2017
If you’ve ever wondered just how co-dependent the relationship between filmmaker and subject can be in the course of filming a documentary, “Left on Purpose” answers that question. And how. Documentarian Justin Schein harbored a lifelong interest in the Yippies … Continue reading
It wasn’t much of a stretch to say, back in 1993, when I got writer-director Harold Ramis on the phone to talk about “Groundhog Day,” that “Man, you’ve just made your masterpiece.” He was a modest guy who always seemed … Continue reading