Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: The life of a refugee and work of art, a Tunisian satire-- "The Man Who Sold His Skin"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 26, 2017
It’s a real shock to learn of Bill Paxton’s untimely death due to a post-heart-surgery stroke. He was just 61, and made a career out of playing drawling smart guys, lovable galoots, heroes and villains. The Fort Worth native got his … Continue reading
“Moonlight” was the big winner at last night’s Independent Spirit Awards. And for my money, that’s where this splendid film belonged in the accolades arena all along. Indie in origin, indie in casting (save for Naomie Harris), indie in feel. … Continue reading