Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: "A Good Person," a hit-and-miss star vehicle for Pugh and Freeman
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 22, 2017
Movie Review: Arthur Miller’s masterpiece hits close to home for Tehran couple in “The Salesman”
“Culture clash” is an over-familiar trope of the movies, having fun with the differences between peoples. Culture connection is a rarer bird, showing how the timeless dramas and comedies of literature speak universal truths. “The Salesman,” Iran’s Best Foreign Language … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Get Out” is horror with serious satiric bite
The warning is a just a joke between brothers. But since the “brothers” aren’t actually siblings, it’s loaded with racial bite and edge. “Don’t GO to a white girl’s parents’ house!” Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) is successful NYC photographer, and Rod … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Get Out” is horror with serious satiric bite