Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? Italian kids master music piracy -- "Mixed by Erry"
- Movie Review: Anne Heche adds grace notes to her final film, "What Remains"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: September 11, 2016
Movie Review: “The Lovers and the Despot”
The voices hiss off the cassette tapes, Cold War moments frozen in time. Korean filmmaker Shin Sang-ok can be heard on them. His actress-wife, Choi Eun-hee made the recordings, and is heard as well. But the star, the riveting presence … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Lovers and the Despot”
Box Office: “Sully” close to $35, “Bough Breaks” $14.5, “Wild Life” under $3
Saturday didn’t save the French kids’ cartoon “The Wild Life.” A lifeless “Robinson Crusoe” adaptation with nary a laugh in it — nicely animated, but still — won’t even open to $3 million, which is beneath “bomb.” Pity they didn’t … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Sully” close to $35, “Bough Breaks” $14.5, “Wild Life” under $3