Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 11, 2016
The voices hiss off the cassette tapes, Cold War moments frozen in time. Korean filmmaker Shin Sang-ok can be heard on them. His actress-wife, Choi Eun-hee made the recordings, and is heard as well. But the star, the riveting presence … Continue reading
Saturday didn’t save the French kids’ cartoon “The Wild Life.” A lifeless “Robinson Crusoe” adaptation with nary a laugh in it — nicely animated, but still — won’t even open to $3 million, which is beneath “bomb.” Pity they didn’t … Continue reading