Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "Klaus" gets Netflix into the holiday animation business with style
- Netflixable? Worthington is "Fractured" when his wife and daughter go missing
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 11, 2016
The voices hiss off the cassette tapes, Cold War moments frozen in time. Korean filmmaker Shin Sang-ok can be heard on them. His actress-wife, Choi Eun-hee made the recordings, and is heard as well. But the star, the riveting presence … Continue reading
Saturday didn’t save the French kids’ cartoon “The Wild Life.” A lifeless “Robinson Crusoe” adaptation with nary a laugh in it — nicely animated, but still — won’t even open to $3 million, which is beneath “bomb.” Pity they didn’t … Continue reading