Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: In the name of all that's holy, don't get stuck in "Tar"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2016
“The Light Between Oceans” feels like a fall movie. It’s a sad romance, a period piece, a Michael Fassbender film with no funny costumes or comic book plot. It’s lush and lovely, but a bit limp, like a well-written Nicholas … Continue reading
The customs officer in Tokyo asks her, “Purpose of your visit?” And Sweetpea (Dree Hemingway) is perfectly blunt in reply. “I came here to break up with my boyfriend.” But her boyfriend is a mercurial, fragile rock star. He’s shooting … Continue reading