Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Who dies of "Night Sweats?" A curious skateboarder wants to know.
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2016
“The Light Between Oceans” feels like a fall movie. It’s a sad romance, a period piece, a Michael Fassbender film with no funny costumes or comic book plot. It’s lush and lovely, but a bit limp, like a well-written Nicholas … Continue reading
The customs officer in Tokyo asks her, “Purpose of your visit?” And Sweetpea (Dree Hemingway) is perfectly blunt in reply. “I came here to break up with my boyfriend.” But her boyfriend is a mercurial, fragile rock star. He’s shooting … Continue reading