Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2016
“The Light Between Oceans” feels like a fall movie. It’s a sad romance, a period piece, a Michael Fassbender film with no funny costumes or comic book plot. It’s lush and lovely, but a bit limp, like a well-written Nicholas … Continue reading
The customs officer in Tokyo asks her, “Purpose of your visit?” And Sweetpea (Dree Hemingway) is perfectly blunt in reply. “I came here to break up with my boyfriend.” But her boyfriend is a mercurial, fragile rock star. He’s shooting … Continue reading