Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 23, 2016
Killing time before a recent screening, I ducked into a Big Box Book Store and found myself stopping short at the vast collection of fiction and graphic novels bundled near the entrance. With every given week carrying news of … Continue reading
I’ve worn out this line, using in virtually every review of a film or TV series based on his work, but it’s worth trotting out one last time. In spy fiction, there is a master, John LeCarre, and then there’s … Continue reading
Morris Gentry is 13, can’t dance or play basketball and is just too young to make being the only black American kid in Heidelberg, Germany, work for him. “Morris from America” is a puzzle to his classmates, whose language he … Continue reading
Denzel Washington is still box office in the right vehicle, and that’s what the remake of “The Magnificent Seven” has going for it — Denzel, in a “cool role” as a man of violence. Nobody else in the cast is … Continue reading