Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 3, 2016
The pert perfection of Sarah Gadon — think Taylor Swift without the autotune — is given its first real test on the screen as something almost totally new in the movies — a “Mom Fatale” — in “The 9th Life … Continue reading
The “big surprise” in “Morgan,” a bloody sci fi thriller spun around genetic engineering, is so obvious I won’t insult your intelligence by giving it away. Hell, some of you have already figured it out, anyway, based on the headline, … Continue reading
When it’s all tallied up in that great counting house in the sky, or in Burbank, the summer cinema of 2016 may end up the second best ever (probably not) in terms of box office tmay end up the second … Continue reading