Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2016
You see them at movie premieres, at fan conventions, any place the subculture we call “fanboys” gathers. They are obsessed devotees of this TV show, that comic book or movie, people so enamored with the fantasy that they dress up … Continue reading
He fought the law, and won. He fought Liston and Frazier and Foreman and Terrell, the U.S. government and Malcolm X. He changed religions, renounced his name and dodged the draft. He taunted, teased, boasted and bragged. He showboated, showed … Continue reading
The second “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” movie could have done with more laughs and a shorter running time. It is, after all, a comic book movie for kids and not fanboys. Thursday night and Friday, it set a pace that … Continue reading