Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2016
You see them at movie premieres, at fan conventions, any place the subculture we call “fanboys” gathers. They are obsessed devotees of this TV show, that comic book or movie, people so enamored with the fantasy that they dress up … Continue reading
He fought the law, and won. He fought Liston and Frazier and Foreman and Terrell, the U.S. government and Malcolm X. He changed religions, renounced his name and dodged the draft. He taunted, teased, boasted and bragged. He showboated, showed … Continue reading
The second “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” movie could have done with more laughs and a shorter running time. It is, after all, a comic book movie for kids and not fanboys. Thursday night and Friday, it set a pace that … Continue reading