Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2016
Horror director James Wan’s latest trick is to morph his “The Conjuring” franchise into a supernatural love story. Both as a director and as a producer, Wan is mining the rich “true story” vein provided by Lorraine and Ed Warren, … Continue reading
Another video game makes a branded transition to the big screen, and Hollywood blows it, yet again. That’s “Warcraft.” And seeing as how this tripe just wasted two hours and three minutes of my life, with the threat of sequels … Continue reading
Editor’s note: The news that BBC radio was re-visiting “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” for a fresh series (“And Another Thing…”) prompted me to pack my CDs of the earlier incarnations for a recent road trip. And I thought I’d … Continue reading
Summer sequel season is long since in full swing. This weekend’s crop is quite representative — one solid sequel that might please the faithful, one limp one to a movie nobody thought merited a sequel in the first place. Jesse … Continue reading