Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "The Christmas Chronicles Part 2" is two hours of the holidays your kids will never get back
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Kristen Stewart's Christmas comedy in the closet -- "Happiest Season"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2016
Horror director James Wan’s latest trick is to morph his “The Conjuring” franchise into a supernatural love story. Both as a director and as a producer, Wan is mining the rich “true story” vein provided by Lorraine and Ed Warren, … Continue reading
Another video game makes a branded transition to the big screen, and Hollywood blows it, yet again. That’s “Warcraft.” And seeing as how this tripe just wasted two hours and three minutes of my life, with the threat of sequels … Continue reading
Editor’s note: The news that BBC radio was re-visiting “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” for a fresh series (“And Another Thing…”) prompted me to pack my CDs of the earlier incarnations for a recent road trip. And I thought I’d … Continue reading
Summer sequel season is long since in full swing. This weekend’s crop is quite representative — one solid sequel that might please the faithful, one limp one to a movie nobody thought merited a sequel in the first place. Jesse … Continue reading