Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 23, 2016
A sentimental documentary about a race horse and the little town that bred and raced him, “Dark Horse” is a feel-good movie that sneaks up on you, even if you know what’s coming. Because it’s not just about a moody, … Continue reading
You’d think that the vital but thankless and tedious process of editing a book wouldn’t make much of a movie. And you’d be right. “Genius,” about the greatest editor of them all, Maxwell Perkins, is all dimly-lit offices, train rides … Continue reading
The road to the “Free State of Jones” is paved with good intentions. Ambitious, with a vivid turn by Matthew McConaughey in the lead role, its also timely, a story worth telling and remembering. But the film woven out of … Continue reading