Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Ozark legend conjures up a "Lost Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 23, 2016
A sentimental documentary about a race horse and the little town that bred and raced him, “Dark Horse” is a feel-good movie that sneaks up on you, even if you know what’s coming. Because it’s not just about a moody, … Continue reading
You’d think that the vital but thankless and tedious process of editing a book wouldn’t make much of a movie. And you’d be right. “Genius,” about the greatest editor of them all, Maxwell Perkins, is all dimly-lit offices, train rides … Continue reading
The road to the “Free State of Jones” is paved with good intentions. Ambitious, with a vivid turn by Matthew McConaughey in the lead role, its also timely, a story worth telling and remembering. But the film woven out of … Continue reading