Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: June 28, 2016
Movie Review: “The Neon Demon”
The Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn makes movies with more tone than tension, more feel than feeling. Every shot is immaculately composed and often held several beats too long. Can’t move on until the viewer’s had a chance to … Continue reading
Movie Review: Daniel Radcliffe is endlessly useful in “Swiss Army Man”
Daniel Radcliffe has his most useful role ever in “Swiss Army Man,” a dark, existential comedy of dizzying originality. Because Radcliffe has the title role, that of a corpse who washes up on a beach to “save” a shipwrecked, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Daniel Radcliffe is endlessly useful in “Swiss Army Man”
Preview — New “Star Trek: Beyond” trailer has Rihanna, but no signs of fun
This is the final trailer, probably, and the last chance, almost certainly, to make a pitch for this late-summer blockbuster. Well-cut, somber, sharp, but there’s no sign of lightness, the flippancy one would expect from a Simon Pegg scripted take … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview — New “Star Trek: Beyond” trailer has Rihanna, but no signs of fun