Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 25, 2016
I’ve been a fan of the tall, imposing Irish actor Ciarán Hinds at least since “Persuasion,”perhaps my favorite Jane Austen adaptation. His quiet, vulnerable and austere turn in that one – he’s a soldier in love with the heroine, but … Continue reading