Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Preview: Netflix gets in the Queen Latifah business with a road-trip thriller -- "End of the Road"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: She's baaaaack -- "Orphan: First Kill"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Documentary Preview: Celebrating an icon named "Sidney"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 31, 2015
They call Lin Shaye “The Godmother of Horror.” Read her listed credits on the Internet Movie Database and you start to see why. “It reads like Al Capone’s rap sheet!” cracks writer/director Leigh Whannell. Some 179 acting credits, roles ranging … Continue reading
“San Andreas” didn’t manage better than middling reviews. But it blew up the box office. Great effects, The Rock in the lead, all the usual disaster pic formula ingredients — $53 million+, almost $54. A very nice weekend for a … Continue reading