Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 12, 2015
Bobbie flirts with the clerk while Jude pilfers CDs. Jude keeps their ancient Oldsmobile running while Bobbie scams a would-be John thinking she’s a hooker. They live in their car, drifting from hustle to theft — swiping presents from wedding … Continue reading
“Where Hope Grows” is a sometimes moving and generally watchable melodrama about a drunken ex-ballplayer who finds purpose and a friend back in his home town. But unlike most faith-based films, it isn’t a church that saves him, a pastor … Continue reading
In “Pound of Flesh,” Jean-Claude Van Damme can still do the splits, still pull off a nude scene and still feels the need to do one. And his Belgian-accented threats still sting. “You see thees Bible?” he purrs to the … Continue reading