Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: A dying dad's puzzle can only be solved by "Half Brothers"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 12, 2015
Bobbie flirts with the clerk while Jude pilfers CDs. Jude keeps their ancient Oldsmobile running while Bobbie scams a would-be John thinking she’s a hooker. They live in their car, drifting from hustle to theft — swiping presents from wedding … Continue reading
“Where Hope Grows” is a sometimes moving and generally watchable melodrama about a drunken ex-ballplayer who finds purpose and a friend back in his home town. But unlike most faith-based films, it isn’t a church that saves him, a pastor … Continue reading
In “Pound of Flesh,” Jean-Claude Van Damme can still do the splits, still pull off a nude scene and still feels the need to do one. And his Belgian-accented threats still sting. “You see thees Bible?” he purrs to the … Continue reading