Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2015
Steve Allen’s famous equation, “Tragedy plus time equals comedy” is seriously stretched in “The Farewell Party,” a darker-than-dark Israeli comedy about old people seeking “death with dignity.” The deaths are sad, gripping affairs, the terminally ill and terminally old seeking … Continue reading
An eerie pall hangs over “Sunshine Superman,” a documentary history of BASE jumping, the practice of skydiving off Buildings, broadcast Antennas, Spans (bridges) and Earth (cliffs). That’s connected to both the movie’s main subject, Carl Boenish, who dreamed up the … Continue reading
Sam Elliott had a window when he might have broken through and become a bankable Hollywood leading man. It was somewhere around 1976’s “Lifeguard,” which had him playing a hunk who held onto the beachside style of living and loving … Continue reading