Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 19, 2015
Movie Review: “The Farewell Party”
Steve Allen’s famous equation, “Tragedy plus time equals comedy” is seriously stretched in “The Farewell Party,” a darker-than-dark Israeli comedy about old people seeking “death with dignity.” The deaths are sad, gripping affairs, the terminally ill and terminally old seeking … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Farewell Party”
Movie Review: “Sunshine Superman” offers a more sober than sensational history of BASE jumping
An eerie pall hangs over “Sunshine Superman,” a documentary history of BASE jumping, the practice of skydiving off Buildings, broadcast Antennas, Spans (bridges) and Earth (cliffs). That’s connected to both the movie’s main subject, Carl Boenish, who dreamed up the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Sunshine Superman” offers a more sober than sensational history of BASE jumping
Sam Elliott still makes the womenfolk whisper “I’ll See You in My Dreams”
Sam Elliott had a window when he might have broken through and become a bankable Hollywood leading man. It was somewhere around 1976’s “Lifeguard,” which had him playing a hunk who held onto the beachside style of living and loving … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Sam Elliott still makes the womenfolk whisper “I’ll See You in My Dreams”