Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 20, 2015
What’s that old showbiz maxim? “Just give the people what they want.” That’s the byword for “Chocolate City,” an African American riff on a certain stripper movie smash of a couple of summers back. “Magic Mike ain’t got NOTHING on … Continue reading
“Tomorrowland” is Brad Bird’s Jeremiad against the dystopia that is modern culture, with its yen for zombie apocalypses, environmental catastrophes and the 24 hours of fear telecast by cable news. It’s a movie for the “dreamers,” the ones like its … Continue reading
“Aloft” is a melancholy, cryptic drama that guards its secrets as if they’re the answer to some ancient riddle about the human condition. And they’re not. Peruvian writer-director Claudia Llosa (“The Milk of Sorrow”) landed a top flight cast, and … Continue reading