Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 1, 2015
Movie Review: Helen Hunt is a little too on-the-nose in “Ride”
See Helen Hunt surf. Check out how well-preserved Helen Hunt looks in a wetsuit. Remember how good Helen Hunt handles biting, witty banter. See Helen–or her character — try a little pot and get giggly. Yes, “Ride” is the very … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Helen Hunt is a little too on-the-nose in “Ride”
Weekend Movies: Good reviews for “Avengers,” better ones for “Madding Crowd”
The enthusiasm for the “Avengers” franchise has waned a bit. At least among critics, perhaps even among cast and crew. Not that they so much show it, but you can sort of feel a “do my bit, do it well, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend Movies: Good reviews for “Avengers,” better ones for “Madding Crowd”