Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 15, 2015
He wasn’t well-known before HBO’s “Entourage” tossed him out there as a classic nobody turned somebody in Hollywood. He was the “actor” — the talent — who propped up his less talented brother, his lumpy no-talent skirt-chasing pal and his … Continue reading
“I’ll See You in My Dreams” has a dream cast — Blythe Danner, Sam Elliott, and such supporting players as Mary Kay Place, Malin Akerman and Rhea Pearlman. It’s got a dreamy plot, about last-chance love, grief and finding that … Continue reading
One created the “Saw” franchise, and as an actor/writer and now director, has “Insidious 3” coming to theaters. That would be Leigh Whannell. The other is a veteran actress, a comedy and horror mainstay who learned to laugh at herself … Continue reading
A sequel and a reboot dominate the box office. One’s controversial, in some quarters. The other isn’t. Both are two hours long. Only one of them can justify that length. “Mad Max: Fury Road,” offers a seriously feminist twist on … Continue reading
Sam Elliott has played convincing cowboys, hunky lifeguards, soldiers, artists and assorted men’s men on the big and small screen for the better part of 45 years. “Beef. It’s what’s for dinner.” Want somebody who can out testosterone Nick Offerman … Continue reading