Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 15, 2015
He wasn’t well-known before HBO’s “Entourage” tossed him out there as a classic nobody turned somebody in Hollywood. He was the “actor” — the talent — who propped up his less talented brother, his lumpy no-talent skirt-chasing pal and his … Continue reading
“I’ll See You in My Dreams” has a dream cast — Blythe Danner, Sam Elliott, and such supporting players as Mary Kay Place, Malin Akerman and Rhea Pearlman. It’s got a dreamy plot, about last-chance love, grief and finding that … Continue reading
One created the “Saw” franchise, and as an actor/writer and now director, has “Insidious 3” coming to theaters. That would be Leigh Whannell. The other is a veteran actress, a comedy and horror mainstay who learned to laugh at herself … Continue reading
A sequel and a reboot dominate the box office. One’s controversial, in some quarters. The other isn’t. Both are two hours long. Only one of them can justify that length. “Mad Max: Fury Road,” offers a seriously feminist twist on … Continue reading
Sam Elliott has played convincing cowboys, hunky lifeguards, soldiers, artists and assorted men’s men on the big and small screen for the better part of 45 years. “Beef. It’s what’s for dinner.” Want somebody who can out testosterone Nick Offerman … Continue reading