Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Junkie faces up to a tough task -- "Killing Eleanor"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 6, 2015
Cheap, short and slow, “Hot Pursuit” is a comedy that never lets your forget that pairing up Sofia Vergara with Reese Witherspoon should have worked better than this. A mismatch-misfire badly misdirected by the director of “The Guilt Trip” and … Continue reading
French fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent earns a “Gandhi” length, disjointed and arty film biography in “Saint Laurent,” a patience-testing period piece that skips through the designer’s glory years, catches up with him near the addled end and fails to … Continue reading
The unspoken grief of a small, patriotic rural town that refuses talk about its combat dead is a heavy burden to slap on a formulaic city-kid-turns-rural-dance-team-into-champs dramedy. But that’s what the high-minded “Bravetown” attempts. An R-rated drama about drugs and … Continue reading
Patrick Stewart preens, poses and gives us a little song and dance in “Hunting Elephants,” livening up a fairly dark and somewhat predictable Israeli caper comedy. He plays Lord Michael Simpson, a not-quite-starving actor, a highly born ponce whose stage … Continue reading