Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Movie Review: A dying dad's puzzle can only be solved by "Half Brothers"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 6, 2015
Cheap, short and slow, “Hot Pursuit” is a comedy that never lets your forget that pairing up Sofia Vergara with Reese Witherspoon should have worked better than this. A mismatch-misfire badly misdirected by the director of “The Guilt Trip” and … Continue reading
French fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent earns a “Gandhi” length, disjointed and arty film biography in “Saint Laurent,” a patience-testing period piece that skips through the designer’s glory years, catches up with him near the addled end and fails to … Continue reading
The unspoken grief of a small, patriotic rural town that refuses talk about its combat dead is a heavy burden to slap on a formulaic city-kid-turns-rural-dance-team-into-champs dramedy. But that’s what the high-minded “Bravetown” attempts. An R-rated drama about drugs and … Continue reading
Patrick Stewart preens, poses and gives us a little song and dance in “Hunting Elephants,” livening up a fairly dark and somewhat predictable Israeli caper comedy. He plays Lord Michael Simpson, a not-quite-starving actor, a highly born ponce whose stage … Continue reading