Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 23, 2014
Where to see “The Interview” on Christmas Day
It started with tweets from The Alamo Drafthouse and the Plaza in Atlanta. Theaters, high and low, north and south, east and west, will be showing “The Interview” now that Sony has un-surrendered to North Korea. Here’s The Verge’s list … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Where to see “The Interview” on Christmas Day
Holiday movies: “Sniper,” “Woods,””Gambler,” “Big Eyes” —tip-ins, no slam dunks. “Unbroken” busted
Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes both suggest that this year’s crop of holiday movies are worth checking out, but there’s no serious “must see” in the mix. “American Sniper” and “Big Eyes” have the best reviews, a return to form for … Continue reading
Posted in previews, profiles and movie news, Reviews Comments Off on Holiday movies: “Sniper,” “Woods,””Gambler,” “Big Eyes” —tip-ins, no slam dunks. “Unbroken” busted