Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 19, 2014
Mark Wahlberg plays a college professor with a near-suicidal addiction to gambling in his new film, “The Gambler.” While he knew moviegoers would have little trouble buying into him as a guy with an obsession for blackjack, the “day job” … Continue reading
So Sony Pictures’ OTHER holiday movie will have to tote the load that it was to have shared with “The Interview,” a film the studio pulled from release after North Korea’s ranting threats against the studio, theatergoers and America in … Continue reading